Making neutrals more fun: 2nd try with Burberry Pale Barley & Nars Mad Mad World

I must admit I left behind my efforts to make Burberry Pale Barley work because I just fell in love with 3 marvelous greenish shades (Chanel Jade Shore, Nars Euphrate and Dior Outremer).  However, I decided I could keep on loving greens while still looking for options to make this neutral shade more fun.  So, I decided to try it with the green part of Nars Mad Mad World.



Nars matte eyeshadows aren't the best in the market, in fact, it's very difficult to find good mattes among all brands.  Probably Inglot mattes are among the best in my opinión.  In particular, this duo is great.  It doesn't feel chalky and it's easy to blend into other shades.  I used Pale Barley all over the lid, Mad Mad World (green) on the outer V and I lined with Bobbi Brown Ivy Shimmer gel eyeliner.



I found this to be a nice eye of the day for a casual Friday.  

Disclaimer: I know many people love this shade, I actually used to last year.  However, I found it a bit blah lately, especially because I'm loving bolder shades this year.  Anyway, I decided to give it a try in less neutral combos before purging it. 

1 opinaron que...:

Muchas gracias por tus comentarios!!!! En breve responderé todos!!!

 

Followers

Twitter

... About the blogger




He sido una “beauty junkie” incluso desde antes que estuviera de moda esto de tener blog. Siempre me ha gustado el maquillaje high end (el que venden en las tiendas departamentales), y más desde que mi mamá me regaló mi primer quinteto y gloss de Dior. Varias amigas y conocidas me han pedido recomendaciones de productos, y algunas veces hasta las he maquillado. Por ello, un día decidí que debía compartir un poquito más esta afición escribiendo un blog.

I’ve been a beauty junkie before beauty blogs became that popular. I’ve always loved HE makeup, since my mom gave me as a gift my first dior quint and gloss. Many friends and acquaintances asked me for makeup recommendations and sometimes even to do their makeup. So just one day, I decided to share my thoughts and experience by writing a blog.



Facebook

About Me